HORIZON ZERO DAWN
Horizon Zero Dawn is a 3rd person Action-RPG developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony, released on PS4 in march 2017.
The game has received multiple rewards and nominations.
The player character is Aloy, an agile huntress whose tribe survives in a post-apocalyptic open world dominated by a robotic wildlife.
My work on Aloy consists in editing motion capture data in Motion Builder to create final gameplay animations:
- cleaning the data,
- exaggerating the poses, the motion and the timing,
- applying the in/out pose or making loops to make sure the animation will blend correctly in game,
- post-animating props and fingers...
I also help implementing systems in our animation diagram, using Morpheme:
- ensuring good integration of the animation assets together with code and design, in order to reach both visual quality and responsiveness,
- organizing state machines and blend trees,
- layering animation using partial / additive systems,
- playing random clips to create variety...
Game features I worked on include:
- locomotion system (stand, crouch, starts / cycles / banks / strafing / turns / stops),
- idles (defining the main poses and creating subtle loops),
- combat (fire, reload) for various weapons,
- hit reactions,
- dive roll...
More about Horizon on the official Playstation website!